Frequently asked questions
What is reservationless audio conferencing/teleconferencing?
- Audio conferencing, also referred to as “conference calling” or “teleconferencing”, allows people at separate locations to be connected simultaneously using conventional telephones.
- Audio conferencing is an inexpensive and simple solution to meet your conference calling needs.
- Audio conferencing is widely used in education, business and commerce to include participants in meetings when they are physically unable to attend. Find out more about teleconferencing and reservationless audio conferencing.
Using telephone conferencing for the first time? See how telephone conferencing is imperative to your business.
What is web conferencing?
Web conferencing is used to conduct live meetings or presentations over the Internet. In a web conference, each participant sits at their computer and is connected to other participants via the internet, the attendees simply enter a URL (website address) to enter the conference. Find out more about web conferencing.
Web conferencing also allows you to conduct video conferencing/video calling. See how you can use video calling for office communication
What are video calls?
Video calls are an effective and easy way to engage and connect with audiences you cannot see in person. Video calls, either through your mobile or computer, allow you to include video in your calls, so you can meet with clients, partners or colleagues face-to-face. See how you can use video calls to engage with an audience you can’t see.
What uses does a video conference have?
Web conferencing and video calls are a valuable and versatile business tool. Learn how you can build a business relationship through a video conference or discover whether video conferencing is what you’re looking for.
What is operator assisted conferencing?
Operator assisted conferencing, also known as ‘event conferencing’ is where an operator is present for the duration of the call. The operator then stays on the line to manage the call quality, gather any required information for participants, and answer any questions. The operator can also run structured Q&A sessions and polls. The conference must be scheduled in advance, and is generally used for high profile or large scales events. For example, for briefing shareholders at an Annual General Meeting.
Where do I find my dial in numbers and passcodes?
Your dial in numbers and passcodes can be online, simply log into your account via our website to find your dial in numbers and passcodes.
How can a teleconference help me?
A teleconference is a cost effective means of enhancing your business meetings and collaboration within your business. Using just a conventional landline phone or mobile, it allows people in separate locations to be connected simultaneously.Teleconferences can help your business by providing an effective method of collaboration and brainstorming amongst your team, whether it be sales, IT or HR, whilst also empowering your employees to connect with a wider range of suppliers and clients, without the need to travel. Learn more about how telephone conference calling can help your business
Why use conferencing?
• It requires no new technical knowledge on the part of the participants.
• Standard and familiar equipment can be used.
• It provides instantaneous communication and feedback.
• It is a very versatile medium and can enhance pre-recorded presentations and printed materials.
• It reduces corporate travel costs and allows for more productive staff time.
• It has less environmental impact than traditional forms of communication.
• It compliments other instructional forums.
Find out more about phone conferencing.
Which conferencing service is best for me?
There are a number of different methods by which you can hold a conference call such as audio conferencing (or teleconferencing), web conferencing, or operated assisted audio conferencing. Which conferencing service you choose will often depend on the purpose of your meeting or conference call. Learn more about which conferencing service is best for you.
What should I look for in a telephone conference call service?
With many different telephone conference call services on the market, there a number of factors to consider and features to look for when choosing a teleconferencing service for your business.
Find out what you should look for in a telephone conference call service.
Find out the difference between free conference call services and Budget Conferencing.
What is a telephone bridge?
A telephone bridge or a conference call bridge connects groups of people over the phone located in different areas to participate in a conference call. Learn more about the telephone bridge technology of Budget Conferencing. Find out why conferencing bridges are an important factor in your choice of teleconferencing service provider.
How to get the most out of your conference call?
Conference calls are a cost-effective and easy way to enhance communication and collaboration amongst work teams and increase productivity, whilst minimising the need for travel. Find out how to get the most out of out of your conference calls.
How to troubleshoot common telephone conference problems?
Audio conferencing is a valuable business tool that can provide enormous benefits to your organisation, particularly if you need to engage with dispersed team members, clients or suppliers on a regular basis. However, there are some common problems or issues you may experience during your telephone conference that could hinder your ability to maximise these benefits. Get help to troubleshoot common telephone conference problems.
Does Budget Conferencing support international callers?
Yes, Budget Conferencing can facilitate international calls. International countries you can call include: Canada, Hong Kong, Japan Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Philippines, South Africa, India, and Indonesia. Learn more about hosting an international conference call
Find out more about teleconferencing overseas and within Australia.
How to set up a conference call with my participants?
Setting up a conference call with BudgetConferencing’s audio service is easy. Learn how to set up a conference call.
Do I have to book my conference calls in advance?
- Not always! With FastAudio, our reservationless audio service, you can hold your conference calls at any time. When you sign up you will be provided with dial-in numbers and a passcode. You can use these every time you need to hold a conference call – without the need to book in advance.
- The same applies to FastWeb, our web conferencing solution. You don’t need to book your web conferences in advance – you can simply use the URL and passcodes provided when you sign-up.
- With FastEvent operator assisted conferencing, you do need to book your conferences in advance. This is because these calls require a dedicated operator to be present on the call, and we need to make sure one is available for you. We ask that you give us 2 days advance notice for these calls.
How many people can I have on a conference call?
- With FastAudio, our reservationless audio service, you can have up to 125 participants on the call at the same time.
- With FastEvent operator assisted conferencing, you can have up to 600 participants.
Find out more about call conferencing with Budget Conferencing.
Do I need any special equipment to access your services?
For our audio conferencing products, all you need is a phone. Find out more about conference phones.
For web conferencing, you and your participants need a computer with internet access.
Do the conference participants use the same numbers as the host?
The host/organiser and participants dial in to the conference using the same access number, but the passcodes are different. This allows the organiser to control the conference calls and access special features they require, such as recording.
Can I record my conference call?
- Yes. With our FastAudio reservationless audio conferencing, you can digitally record your conference call using your telephone keypad. When the conference starts, the host simply dials *22 from the telephone keypad to start recording. When the conference is completed, the host receives an email with the dial in information and passcode for the recorded conference. These details can also be passed to participants or perhaps those who missed the call. The recording is saved for 30 days.
- With FastEvent operator assisted conferencing, you can also request for your conference to be recorded when you schedule it. This recording can also be made available via an FTP download for 30 days after the conference.
Please note that charge apply – see our rates section for details.
Can I view my usage?
Yes, you can view how many minutes you’ve used in the online billing section of the website. You must first log in to your account to access online billing.
I’m having problems signing up. What do I do?
To sign up to Budget Conferencing, you must be over 18 years of age, and you must have a valid Australian credit card. If you need help signing up, please contact our Sales team on 1800 701 106.
How do I change my contact details?
You can change your contact details via our secure customer login. After logging in, simply click on link ‘View/edit my contact details’ in the ‘My Details’ section of your account.
I’ve lost my conference information. Where can I find it?
You can access your dial in numbers and passcodes via this site. You must first log in to your account.
How much does it cost?
We have a range of pricing options available, please see our rates section. If you can’t find the information you are looking for, please contact us for further details. Find out how save with discount conference calling.
Is there a limit to the number of conference calls I can hold?
No, you can hold as many calls as you want. Note that if you are on one of our annual cap plans, calls above your capped minutes are charged at the ‘Pay as you go’ rates.
Am I billed monthly whether I hold any conference calls or not?
- No – if you are on the ‘Pay as you go’ plan.
- Yes – if you are on one of our monthly cap plans (annual commitment).
Learn more about our conference call prices.
What payment methods are available?
All payments for our services are done through a credit card.
How do I change my credit card details?
To update your credit card information, you need to contact our Accounts Receivable Team on 1800 701 106.
When do I get charged?
Monthly invoices are processed and payments charged to the credit card approximately 5 – 10 business days following the end of the month.
What happens if my credit card has been lost/stolen/cancelled/maxed out?
If we are unable to charge your credit card on file, your Budget Conferencing services will be suspended and you will need to update your billing information by contacting our Accounts Receivable Team on 1800 701 106.
Will I receive an invoice?
We will send you a copy of your invoice by email every month. You can also view your invoices online via the online billing section of the website. You must first log in to your account to access online billing.
How do I lodge a complaint?
Please find out more about our complaint handling process.
What do I do if my company is in financial hardship?
If you are having trouble meeting your payments please review our financial hardship policy.
How do I appoint an authorised representative?
Please use our authorized representative form to act on your behalf.
How do I cancel my account?
To deactivate your account, simply log into your account online, complete our cancellation form and we will delete your account.