Online conferencing: how & what is it?
An ‘online conference’ can mean many different things to different people. It can be an online meeting, virtual meeting, a skype meeting, webinar, a web meeting, web conferencing or video conference.
What do these all have in common? Generally audio dropouts and disengaged participants.
Online conferencing: Why?
- participants can connect from from all over the world where otherwise you may not have been able to meet face-to-face.
- save travel costs & time by meeting conveniently from wherever you are – from the office, home or on the go via your phone or tablet.
- scale & increase customer & staff engagement opportunities through:
- increased global opportunities
- remote training
- brainstorming sessions
- investor announcements
Online conferencing – the ‘how’ & ‘what’:
- participants can join the online meeting by dialing in & participating over an internet connection – from either a desktop, laptop or any internet-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- if the host or any participants dials in over an internet connection, they can share, view, upload and record visuals and also hear the audio (via VoIP, which stands for Voice-over-Internet Protocol. In layman terms, this is simply a phone service over the Internet).
- participants can also join via audio through any traditional telephone – e.g. a land-line, any mobile phone, or Polycom.
- participants collaborate real-time over features such as document & screen sharing, whiteboards, video sharing, polls, question and answer, file sharing and more.
Why use Budget Conferencing online conferencing?
- We provide one of the highest enterprise-grade audio conferencing available globally with a 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
- Our fully-featured visual sharing is deeply integrated with our audio – screen share, document share, video share, whiteboard, poll and more.
- All the features without the price tag – check out our pricing; one of the most competitive on the market.
Comparison Table – Web & Video Conferencing
|$/per minute||Budget Conferencing||Telstra (WebEx)||Optus (WebEx)|
|1800/Toll Free||9¢||55¢||Service not available|
|International||From 20¢ to $0.99||$2.53||$2.10|
|Service Availability||24 hours, 7 days a week||24 hours, 7 days a week||24 hours, 7 days a week|