Unified Communications | Internet Video Conferencing Etiquette
Video Conferencing Etiquette
With the growth of unified communications and video conferencing solutions, comes with it a certain etiquette when using internet video conferencing . With these few tips you can improve your internet video conferencing experience, and improve the effectiveness of your unified communications system.
- Prepare an agenda, and ensure you have the appropriate video conferencing equipment ready.
- Check your video conferencing equipment is working properly and ensure you fill the screen with people/yourself as much as possible, and that you are well lit.
- Avoid wearing checks, stripes or loud prints as they can contrast with your video conferencing equipment.
- Turn off your mobile, put your speaker on mute and speak in a normal voice as video conferencing equipment can easily pick up noises.
- Minimise your body movements when using internet video conferencing.
- Always assume you’re on camera, and be self-aware of how you look and what is being transmitted.
Internet video conferencing using the Web Conferencing can help you better communicate and collaborate with those not near you.
Comparison Table – Web & Video Conferencing
|$/per minute||Budget Conferencing||Telstra (WebEx)||Optus (WebEx)|
|1800/Toll Free||9¢||55¢||Service not available|
|International||From 20¢ to $0.99||$2.53||$2.10|
|Service Availability||24 hours, 7 days a week||24 hours, 7 days a week||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Low cost pay as you go||10¢ per min *|